You Need Help?

We have answered thousands of questions from visitors like you since we launched this web site. The staff at the Independent Living Center of the Hudson Valley, Inc. (ILCHV) has successfully replied to many requests for information and services. Click on the link above orclick here

This site is designed to help users find what they are looking for on the Internet; it is a directory for independent living resources. To learn more about this site read the ILUSA Story.We encourage people to look through the site and find, on their own, the information they need. No, this is not Directory Assistance on the Net. In keeping with the philosophy of Independent Living, we provide the information and resources for you to do for yourself. And thousands of people have done just that, and they have thanked us for it.

But if you are looking for something you can't find, or have questions, click here now.. Please note we have a search engine for the website, and a page with a list of search engines. Click here.

If you need to ask a question, whether here or on another web site,Please don't forget to state what State, city or Country you live in. This is often left out of messages. Also, make sure your e-mail address is correct so we can reply.

Here are a few tips on Using this Site to get Help:

You need information in a specific state, use the Directory of Independent Living Centers, and contact a Center in that State. The Directory has ILCs listed by States and countries. Not all Centers have web sites or e-mail addresses. Just copy the telephone number down, and call. Click here for the Directory of ILCs.

You should also check out the Services Pages. Looking for an apartment, an attorney, personal care assistant, or need a services dog, use our Services Page

You have a question about government services and benefits, etc.,we have all the federal government web sites and all the web sites for all 50 States listed. Go to the National Government Page.

Please don't ask questions about nursing home placement, group homes, etc. Your local area agency on aging, listed in your phone book, will help you with those questions. As for group homes, or other types of assisted living arrangements, consult your local Association of Retarded Citizens (The ARC), or other local organizations serving individuals with developmental disabilities. The organizations with local and State chapters, Associations are listed on our Association Page

Want to know what else is on this site, click here and visit our Links PageUnlike many disability web sites we have web sites and URLs not even found by searching on the best search engines.

We will provide more information soon to help you be more Web savvy.

Home | News | ILC Directory | Links | Classifieds |
| ILCHV | CDCI | NYSID | Rules |